Thanks for your interest and participation in in the Online Seoul Trip Festival with VisitSeoul TV. The application period is now closed.
Evaluation will be conducted by an external panel of judges, and the winners will be announced here at 19:00 October 12, 2020(Monday)
- Contest: Online Seoul Trip Festival with VisitSeoul TV
- Contest Duration: July 31, 2020(Friday)~ October 5, 2020(Monday)
- Application Period: July 31, 2020(Friday)~ October 5, 2020(Monday)
- Eligibility: All Korean nationals and foreign residents may apply
- Announcement of Winners: Scheduled for 19:00 October 12, 2020(Monday)
※ All winners will be listed on the website and contacted on an individual basis. For winners comprised of teams, the team leader will be contacted.
- My Seoul Neighborhood Exploring hidden nook around me
- Together in Seoul Creating memories of Seoul with a special someone
- Sounds of Seoul Basking in calming ASMR sounds of the city
How to Participate
- Film a video with one of the above themes (Multiple themes may be selected)
- Upload it to your or your team’s YouTube channel (Following hashtags are required : #SeoulTourismOrganization #VisitSeoul #OnlineSeoulTrip)
- Register the video URL along with your personal information
- Length: No restrictions
- Resolution : 1920 x 1080 or higher
- Additional Requirement: All announced winners must submit an original video file without subtitles
Prize winnings totaling KRW 25,000,000 will be split and rewarded to 46
contestants. Please refer to the prize winnings breakdown below:
|1st||₩ 5,000,000||x 1|
|2nd||₩ 2,500,000||x 2|
|3rd||₩ 1,000,000||x 3|
|4th||₩ 300,000||x 40|
Evaluation and Criteria
- Evaluation: Conducted by an external panel of judges with specialists from several areas.
- Evaluation Criteria: Adequacy of theme, creativity, usability as promotional material, cinematic quality
- All video entry copyrights belong to each contestant.
- Seoul Tourism Organization (“STO”) may, through an agreement with the copyright holder, acquire copyright or adaptation rights of the winning work to freely use for purposes including, but not limited to, marketing, sales, etc. If a portion of or the entire winning work needs to be altered for business purposes, STO will make prior consultations with the copyright holder. Winning works may be used on any online channels that STO manages (official website and social media channels) and can be modified, changed and/or utilized (reprocessed, if necessary) for public interest purposes. Works of the contestants who do not abide to the above will be disqualified; winning works included.
- STO cannot acquire any rights to the works of contestants who do not win. The foregoing contestant reserves all rights to their work.
- All prize-winning videos, must submit a separate copy of the video in its original format. The video may be posted on the organizer’s YouTube channel (VisitSeoul TV) after being edited.
- Submitted entries may not be modified or canceled.
- Submitted entries must be free of all potential legal issues, involving matters that pertain to publicity rights, trademark rights, and copyrights related to other media images, videos, audio, phrases, and so on. Upon violation of the above, the entry(s) will be excluded from the entire evaluation process and award eligibility will be forfeit. The applicant(s) involved will also remain solely responsible for any and all civil and criminal charges.
- Works with aerial filming, including the use of drones, may be submitted only with the relevant department’s permit and approval, while having also properly observed the Aviation Safety Act and other pertinent regulations during the filming process. All liability related to filming process falls upon the contestant as well. Works that do not comply with the above may be excluded from the selection process entirely. In the case of such non-compliance to be found after being selected as a winning entry, award eligibility will be forfeit.
- All video entries must be comprised of footage filmed firsthand by the applicant (individual or team).
- Videos that previously won from another contest or were used for commercial purposes may not be submitted.
- All winning teams will be rewarded the corresponding prize money as per the amount given to one contestant.
- Following evaluation, if the videos are deemed incomplete, or if the number of entries is fails to coincide with the number of awards, the number of winners may be adjusted. Additionally, there may not be any winner(s) if the quality of entries is insufficient.
- If video entries are found to be or partly contain someone else’s work, similar work, or plagiarized work, or if production is found to be false, the video entry will be excluded from the rest of the evaluation process. If these facts are disclosed after winning, award eligibility will be forfeit and the prize money must be returned.
- According to the Income Tax Act, all prize money is paid following a tax deduction, as well as a deduction for public utilities.
- The evaluation process and results will not be open to the public.
- STO is not responsible for any and all issues that may arise from incorrectly written personal information in regard to the receiving of gifts and prizes.
- Contest and award ceremony scheduling may be subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances on the part of the organizer.
- Upon copyright dispute, STO or the contestant may apply for mediation to the Korea Copyright Commission. Both parties must, in good faith, make negotiations and discussions for dispute resolution.
※ Please refer to the FAQ for further questions related to the contest.
Office of Operations
- Tel: 0507-1495-8701 (Monday~Friday 10:00~19:00)
- Email: email@example.com